Landmark oe is publishing this policy to ensure that we clearly demonstrate our commitment to the responsible management of personal information and the protection of personal privacy. We are committed to upholding the National privacy principles contained in the Privacy Act – Amendment (Private Sector) 2001.
By providing personal information to us (or allowing another person to do so on your behalf), you agree that this Policy will apply to how we handle your personal information and you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as detailed in this Policy. If you do not agree with any part of this Policy, you must not provide your personal information to us and this may affect the services we can provide to you.
In this Policy, where we say “disclose”, this includes to transfer, share, send, or otherwise make available or accessible your personal information to another person or entity.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information, or from that information and other information in a person’s possession, including any expression of opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in material form or not, about an identified or reasonably identified individual, and any indication of intention in respect of an individual.
How do we collect personal information?
Where practical, we will collect personal information directly from you. Generally, this collection will occur when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website. We may collect personal information about you when you purchase or make enquires about travel arrangements or other products and services, when you enter competitions, when you register for promotions, when you subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. e-newsletters) or when you request brochures or other information from us. We may also collect your personal information when you complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to collect personal information about you from a third party. This includes where a person makes a travel booking on your behalf which includes travel arrangements to be used by you (e.g. a family or group booking). Where this occurs, we will assume you have consented to your personal information being collected by us and to us handling it in accordance with this Policy. You should let us know immediately if you become aware that your personal information has been provided to us by another person without your consent.
Collecting & Keeping your Information Safe
Landmark OE collects and stores information about customers to:
- Maintain contact with our mailing list customers.
- Inform customers on all aspects of our travel, cruise program offerings.
- Comply with necessary business and accounting standards.
- Complete your travel arrangements.
We are committed to maintaining your privacy and the information we collect will not be shared with other organisations for commercial purposes. Information storage is within our secured physical premises with various degrees of security control for access to computer records.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services that you require.
How we use your information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Complete bookings and travel related arrangements.
- Conduct inhouse and external marketing activities and research.
- Keep you informed on all aspects of our travel programs via catalogues, e-newsletters and other forms of correspondence.
- Provide an invitation to our various presentations.
- Gain a better understanding of your particular requirements and communication preferences.
When we disclose your information
For the purposes set out above we may disclose your personal information to organisations/entities outside Grecian Lux. The organisations/entities to which we disclose information include:
- Airline companies.
- Providers of travel related services such as accommodation, ground transport, shipping companies.
- Our professional advisors, including out accountants, auditors and lawyers.
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
- Providers of travel insurance services.
These organisations/entities are strictly prohibited from using this information for any other purpose.
Help us to maintain accurate information
Landmark OE takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That is why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information and
- Keep us up to date with changes to personal information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to Privacy, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org